Monday, July 19, 2010

A few updates

I have been a bit busy and neglected my blogger friends, I do apologize..

It was a busy day.
Hubster n I took the kidlets and friends to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice and I loved it! I love Nic Cage..He is sexy, in a weird kinda way to me..
The hair was good on him..
I loved the Merlinian aspect of it! The magic was fun.. High heeled boots *funny, even to my kids* Walking and cleaning brooms and mops..good :) Riding a big metal bird would be awesome!
The reference to Fantasia was silly but still a good movie. I can't wait to try my hand at raising the dead or maybe..just controlling some electricity!


Then we had another fire at our complex.. this one wasn't a townhome..but it was the field next to us. Too close, a driveway from our complex..It burned about an acre and was very hot very fast. Turns out my kids were there. (leave it to them).. but it wasn't them that lit the match..but a friend. I don't know what will happen, but my rockstar teenager is pretty upset. She didn't want to tell on her friend and she didn't want to get in trouble. She had the feeling that being the oldest, she was responsible.

turns out the investigators and firemen (nothing like seeing hot firemen to raise the temps a lil) anyway..they were very understanding and very nice to the kids. They knew how to handle them and not one felt attacked or blamed. They actually thanked them for calling adults and then them. That makes a mom feel better.
I don't know what will happen, but I am glad my kids didn't do it. I am just glad no one got hurt. It could have been worse.

fitness updates...
I am still struggling along with losing weight. I held pretty much steady for the week. I have been going to the gym and walking, ellipticaling (made up my own word woot!) taking classes..and leave it to me to hurt myself on the treamill. For some odd reason.. I was feeling good enough to raise the incline and my speed..(I'm sure the pain pills helped) so..later Friday night I hurt like hell. My neck has issues. I have a pinched nerve again I think. I can barely move my head and the pain when I even breathe...(&*&^*&^^)
But silly me..thinking if I go try again I can feel better.
WRONG!
I hurt again today. Luckily I go back to my rhuemy tomorrow and can see what the deal is. I know he is going to say there is nothing he can do but give me meds. And odly I'm ok with that. Whatever gets me through the day.

4 comments:

*The_Fisher_Family* said...

Oh my.. thats scary having a fire that close to home.. thank goodness no one was hurt. That movie looks good! :)

Cruella Collett said...

That looks like a fun movie. I might have to check it out. And good thing no one was hurt - I hate fires. Your kids sound like they just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

True Life and Fiction said...

Wow, you've had a very busy weekend. It may take you another week or so just to recuperate from movies, fires, and exercises.

I spent my weekend cleaning up around the house, mowing the lawn, and writing. Worked through another few thousand words of my story "Lovestruck Succubus." Only have three chapters and two sexual scenes left to write and I'll be done with the draft.

Are you still able to write with the kink in your neck?

anny cook said...

That's an excellent thing your daughter did! Go, mom!