Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2nd Place Phillies!

This is my second post for the day..so scroll down to see the Tuturial!!

Just wanted to share, Lacey's team (who dad coached) got 2nd place in the championships last night!! Not bad considering we lost to the only undefeated team in the league :)


Lacey got smacked with a fast ball right on her hand, but she hung in there, crying, but got struck out (yeah..bad call by the ump, but that's another issue)
But it was great to see her stay in the game after. I heard some moms yelling to her "let's show em how tough girls can be" lol..it was awesome! (she was the only girl on the team)
We had a great time, the kids were amazing, I just wanted to hug em all!
What a great learning experience for us all, and the gratitude after the double header from the boys, well, that was unbelievable. They were all so happy and so proud of themselves, as were myself and coach. I hope we can have a great team like that next year, and can't wait for football tryouts!
It seems my oldest is a rock star or something. There were two adorable little girls, that kept asking her "Are you from California?" "why are you wearing your sunglasses?" "How did you get your hair that color?" and it kept going, these little girls were enamoured with my teenager. Their mom even came and said, she had to go buy a matching tutu, like my daughter's. It is her trademark. :)  What a great day!

1 comment:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Sounds like all the kids had a great day!