Thursday, April 8, 2010

Almost forgot "G"

continuing the a to z challenge Today's letter is G
G can start a lot of words
Growl- this brings to mind our dog's-they like to bark and growl at everyone. Here's a pic of my big dumb-dumb (as we call her) Sasha peeking to see what I'm making for dinner.

Grieve-I have to admit it, I am still grieving over the loss of my mom two years ago. She was my best friend, and I still get that thud in my heart and stomach when I think about her. Good thing we have memories and lots of pictures.

Gratitude-from Wikipedia  "thankfulness, or appreciation is a positive emotion or attitude in acknowledgment of a benefit that one has received or will receive" I like this word. We need to show more gratitude in our lives. Be thankful for what we have. We are so worried (as a society I think) about comparing what other's have or get, that we forget about what blessings we have ourselves. Be thankful for your happy children. Be grateful for your pets. I see this everyday in my kids, they are constantly complaining about how one got more than the other, and we tell them, suck it up and be happy with what you DID get. They'll learn someday, or I'll beat it into them. *smiles*

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I try not to worry about what others have - what I possess is far more precious.

Thanks for following my blog!

Lorena G. Sims said...

Such a good reminder, just what I need today, thank you..

B. Miller said...

Nice! I try to live my life with gratitude as one of my watchwords. A couple weeks ago some friends and I came up with a new credo: "The opposite of greed is gratitude". :D

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I am sorry you lost your mom, I lost mine 12 yrs ago and though I have got over the grieving process I still have the happy memories of her. Let your grief take it's time,
everyone is different.now another G.
Good luck with the challenge.
Yvonne,

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

SO sorry about your mother, I really don't think you get over that nor losing a child or spouse. I think they take a piece of you with them, so hard to fill that void, Jane